Sunday, February 05, 2006

UK Recording Experience

In September 2005 I flew up to England (Eastbourne) to record the Closer project. This experience far surpassed my expectations. I had the opportunity to work with the best musicians in the UK Christian-music scene. Musicians such as Mark Prentice (who plays with the likes of Delirious?), Paul Evans (Tim Hughes & Matt Redman), Mark Edwards and Neil Costello. Leana Grech later joined me at ICC to help with the vocals.

The whole Album was recorded live (all the instruments at once), and the impressive thing was that these guys never played together. And something way more precious than that was the fact that they were all praying as they played!


The ICC studio experience also proved to be the beginning of something new. While I was there I also signed a publishing deal with Daybreak music and a distribution agreement for Closer with ICC Records.

The recording took 11 days after which the glass master was sent to Sony in Austria to be duplicated and printed.

No comments: