Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Almost 5 days have passed since I was ordained a deacon and I am posting this blog from Tropical Cairns in Queensland where I am enjoying time with my parents. The ordination celebration was one that surpassed my expectations. It was such an honour to be surrounded by friends and my parents who came over from Malta for this special occasion.


Over 1,000 people packed the Bendigo Cathedral; a decent number of whom flew in from Sydney, Adelaide, and two bus-loads of people took the two-hour drive there and back from Melbourne. What an honour!


The service took the form of a mass, attended to by some 50 priests and presided by Bishop Joe Grech. It was a peaceful and prayerful experience, helped a lot by the magnificent choir and music present. After the mass there were drinks and some food offered, accompanied by some live music. I could not have imagined a clearer and fresher spring evening!


I have spent 7 years in formation and am more passionate about my vocation today than I have ever been. I am looking forward to work with and serve the people here in Australia over the next few years, and possibly returning to Malta after that. I will be working in a country parish over the summer (Kerang) and a more suburban parish after that (Benalla) while I finish off my last year at university.


My ordination to the priesthood is planned for October 2010 in Malta! I excitedly await to seeing you there!

I pray you are all well… thanks so much for your beautiful and encouraging emails. Wishing you were all here!

God bless!
(Rev. ;) Rob

6 comments:

Laura (louie) said...

Eeee Rob, it was such a good night. Was lovely to be there :)

cappie said...

Hey Reverend, great pics. Sorry I missed out!!

Still want to hear a great homily here in Wynnum.

Unknown said...

dearest rob, we are all really proud of you. god bless. with much love, clare albanozzo

angie said...

Dear Rev,

A really big prosit!! i am really proud to say you are my cousin. god bless and good luck for whatever your duties may be in the next few years...

Angie Galea

Robert Galea said...

Hey guys, thanks so much! This is all so exciting... Wish u were here to share this moment with me! Hope to see u all soon!

God Bless The Children said...

Hello Rev: I don't know you, but your blog is great! Congratulations on your recent ordination. May God Bless you and all those you love as you enter your career with God as your boss.