Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Diaconate Ordination

Just 3 days until my Ordination to the Diaconate and I am lying in bed unable to sleep with excitement. I am excited about what is to come but just as excited about what God has done to bring me to this point!

Who would have thought?!? A rebellious teenager picked out from a crowd to serve a great God in and through ordained ministry!? I could have thought of 'better' things to do with my life; my family and friends too could have given a few sugestions... but a Deacon? A priest?!

Humbled and honoured I am excited because if God has the ability to bring me to this point, with a life lived in His grace, I know that the best is yet to come!

3 comments:

cappie said...

Congratulations:

Through your Spirit, heavenly Father, give Robert grace and power to fulfill his ministry.
Make him faithful to serve
and constant in advancing your gospel in the world.May he follow the example of Jesus Christ your Son,who washed the feet of his disciples,and set the needs of others before his own.

May his life be disciplined and holy, his words declare your love
and his actions reveal your glory,
that your people may walk with him in the way of truth and be made ready for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ;to whom, with you and your Holy Spirit,belong glory and honour, worship and praise, now and for ever.

Unknown said...

Truly through our nothingness, the Lord raises us up to show His splendour! Keep on shining for Jesus Rob. I'm backing you and supporting you loads in prayer. Leana and I really miss you and wish to be with you during this special moment in your life. We're with you in prayer brother and God bless yaaaaaaa!

fr. Carlos said...

Yes, my dear, God also works in our nothingness, in our misery... He can change our lifes in a way that we almost can't believe... And here we are: simple and unworthy instruments in the hands of the Almight Lord, moved only by His grace... And this is enough!
Unfortunately it's not possiblr to me tobe in your ordination but cunt with my prayers and a special mass to you. We will be united by prayer and heart!

"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen".

And be sure, the best is yet to come!