Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heat, Writing, Lector and Road-Trip to Adelaide!

Autumn is a few days away and it is a whopping 38 decrees Celsius here in Melbourne! I have been keeping very busy with lectures, essay writing (in the middle of a 6,000 word essay at the moment), and preparing for Holy Week. I will be spending a week at the Bishop Joe’s house for some intense teaching, and will also be receiving the minor order of Lector on Holy Thursday!!

Then, after celebrating Resurrection Sunday I drive off to Adelaide (10 hour drive) for a few days holidays with 3 other friends!!

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Woow GdLuck With That 10 Hour drive and that 6000 word essay :| Elections turned out great (referring to your previous post)
Hope all is well ^^
Gbu x

cappie said...

When I was in our parish in Adelaide, St Francis Newton, we had a similar heat wave though not for as long. I was a student and the priest saying the Mass said for the homily "Just sit here and think if you don't change your ways this is only a sample of what hell is like."

Congrats on Lector:
Praise to you, Lord God,
king of the universe,
and all glory to your name.
I praise you and thank you for calling me
to proclaim your word to your beloved people.

Open the hearts of all who worship with us,
so that they may hear your voice when I read.
Let nothing in my life or manner disturb your people
or close their hearts to the action of your Spirit.

Cleanse my heart and mind,
and open my lips so that I may proclaim your glory.
All praise to you, heavenly Father,
through the Lord Jesus in the Holy Spirit,
now and forever. Amen.

maria angela said...

good luck!! =D what lovely weather you've got there!! xD here its very shaky, sometimes its hot and sometimes it cold lol xD in my prayers!! God blss!!