Sunday, September 10, 2006

Admiring the Common Bird!

The parish priest has decided to give me the week off to get some rest and to settle down. Ok, I like to relax but I cannot wait to get down to some work. Australia will be hosting the World Youth Day in 2008 and I will also be helping out with that.

As I had nothing planned this morning I decided to go for a walk and take my camera with me. I took some photos of the local wild birds. Some were too fast for me to snap a shot, but I did get some of the wild parrots. Incredible!! Parrots, cockatoos and other beautiful birds are as common as our local sparrows – they just run wild (or rather, fly wild). I did some research to find their Latin names (ref. to pic:).

I will be meeting a Philippino group this evening for a small prayer meeting. It should be fun. Tomorrow I’ll be going up the mountains for a week of seminars, so I am not sure if I’ll be able to update this blog till next Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am impressed by your latin! it is just fantastic
Guess who
MAC

Robert Galea said...

Aw Mons.. what can I say!!! I learn from the best!! Keep in touch ta!

Anonymous said...

Hello there robert. your last comment that you have sent me was very interesting. enjoy your trip .