Thursday, September 21, 2006

Embarrassing!!

Had a fantastic 3 days in Melbourne city. I met some Maltese priests, had lunch with a Maltese family and I just got back after having supper at the bishops house. I spent this morning in the city and had two embarrassing incidents. First I went to a coffee shop... I had a few dollars in my pocket so I got the smallest coffee I could find. I calculated that I had just enough to buy a small biscuit with it. As I went to pay I realized I did not have enough for the biscuit... I had to return my 90 cent biscuit!! Then... I went to the seminary in Melbourne and when I left they opened the electric gate for me. It opened and closed with a fancy green button, and as it was opening I could not resist... I pressed the button... and the gate jammed! I broke the blooming gate!! M'hemmx taghmel!

I am now preparing for a youth meeting I hope to animate next Sunday! I am writing an advert for the bulletin and deciding on some ice-breaker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh with your 2 incidents, especially with that of the breaking of the gate!! We'll be starting Seminary on Friday, looking forward! We pray for each other and have fun!! GBU

Gavril Flores said...

hi rob!! nice seeing ur blog. i didn't know that u lookedlike a monkey when you are emberessed... lol. hope u r having a great experience. i can immagine the maltese people in australia reaction when they meet you. "Dolor, ara xi hlew, gie seminarist min Malta jarana" hahaha!! tc king!!!!

G! said...

lol... I really laughed my head off as I was reading the gate incident! I could really imagine your mischievious look while pressing the button as well as your reddened face as you realised it jammed! What a scene!...lol

Am glad you are enjoying your stay over there. Don't enjoy it too much though. It would be a pity to lose such a great person as you! :)

Robert Galea said...

Hey guys and girls,
So glad u find it funny!! I didn't at the time! But I'm sure the gate is fixed by now.