Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Critical!

Bendigo, the city I am living in is going through a water crisis. There is a big lack of water. The city gets its water from 2 big reserves which are now down to 6%! It has been low for 4 years, but now is somewhat critical. People are not allowed to water their lawns, wash their cars (though all cars look clean to me) with fresh water. The city needs rain, and lots of it!! I went to visit one of the almost-empty reserves yesterday (right).

Now I'm really off to he mountains!! I hope to see some wild kangaroos... have not seen any yet!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Rob... if you need any water just say so, there's loads here!! Enjoy it in the mountains and say hi to a kangaroo for me... never got the chance to before!

See ya!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having fun! I am praying for you and visiting your blog more than ever! Have fun! Cristian

Robert Galea said...

Hi Kris... yes I have been going to the dry-cleaners to get washed!! No other way to do it here;)

Christian... nice to receive your comments! Keep in touch ta!