Thursday, October 05, 2006

Field Trip!

Thank God for medicine!! I feel much better today, though I need alot of sleep. Today was the feast of St Francis, so I went to one of the two parish schools here for the blessing of the animals... they brought their pets to school to get them blessed;) After that I went around the classes giving the kids some lollies (Australian terminology for 'sweets'). I sang the song of St Francis for them - Make me a channel of your peace. In the afternoon I went to a mega agricultural tradefair with a priest of the diocese... It was HUGE!!! Tractors as big as buildings (pic), massive amounts of animals and shearing shows (ref to 3rd pic of naked sheep). Some of the surrounding fields were converted into a runway for the farmers with private planes! Wow... nothing like the traditional Maltese farmer!! After that I went to a youth group in the city - loved it!!

3 comments:

Robert Galea said...

Thanks Mark! Yes I remember that live-in, and your video camera very well!

Bernie said...

OHHHHHHHHHH...the sheep r really cute!!! LOl..keep up the blog Rob, its gr8:):)

Robert Galea said...

Hi Bern, yes... it is cute... it came up to the camera as I was taking a picture of it.